Thursday, January 31, 2008

Can you even stand it?

The obsession (with summer) has started already. I think a lot of it has to do with the reasonably mild winter we're having. With no snow, lengthening daylight, and most daytime highs in the 40's and even 50's, it is easy to feel like spring is just around the corner. I doubt we'll actually escape this winter unscathed, but it's nice to dream about it. With that in mind, I've already bought 2 new bathing suits. I didn't mean to do it, it just happened. I was mindlessly browsing home goods online, dreaming of our new kitchen. In the midst of my oohing and aahing over viking stoves, sub-zero fridges and Grohe faucets, I happened to catch a glimpse of an ad/link for Swim 2008. Unable to resist, I found myself suddenly shopping for a bathing suit, with the urgency of one about to leave on a beach vacation.

In general, I do like to buy them early--earlier than most--because I have a hard time finding suits that fit me well. So, early means better selection, even if it does mean high prices. But, bathing suits definitely fall into the small category of things that I can justify spending lots of money on (bras, jeans, shoes and hair products). I certainly get my wear out of them.

So anyway, I have 2 suits on the way, via macys.com. All the more reason to stick to my gym routine before May.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't ya just love online shopping? :)