Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back :)

Wow, I think this is the longest blogging lapse I've had since I started last year. I'm back at work today after a really nice 12 days off from work. So much happened, and there were many times I thought about sitting down and updating the blog, but I just never got around to it.

So, how did I spend my holiday vacation? Lots of visiting with friends and family, which was really nice. There is just never enough time during the workweek for stuff like this, so it was especially nice to just be able to spontaneously go visit someone, or be visited.

The girls got ridiculously overindulged with presents at Christmas. I'm so glad we weeded out some toys and outgrown clothes in advance. Sadie's favorite toy is definitely her Baby Alive. She named her Aurora and hasn't put her down since she got her. Eden doesn't seem to have a clear favorite yet, though she does seem to spend a lot of time running cars down the ramp of her fisher price parking garage.

Another thing I did a lot (too much) of was eating and drinking. Pair that with the gym being closed all week, and I'm sure I put on a couple. I'm back in the saddle today, though, and will be at the gym at 5pm trying to undo some of the damage.

Eden seemed to take a real interest in potty training this week (completely her lead) and has been asking to sit on the toilet each day. She's definitely off to a strong start, and I think it is reasonable to think she'll be well on her way to trained this year.

Finally, we hosted our brunch yesterday. It was a smashing success! 25 adults and 13 kids (8 and under) - I can't believe our house held that many people! But, everyone seemed to have a good time and it really wasn't too stressful putting it together. I'm glad it is over, though!

So, in a nustshell, that was the break. It was great to be off, and it is good to be back, too.

1 comment: