Friday, February 29, 2008

Guess What I am Doing?

Mentally (and electronically) rearranging furniture in my house in order to make room for the...

wait for it....

wait for it....

Are you ready?

DINING ROOM SET that is soon to grace what is now considered the 'computer area' of the house. Evan is starting work on a dining table for a client, and given that I love the design and there is some efficiency of scale, he is simply going to make two at once. I am beyond excited. It has been two years in this house without anywhere big enough or 'formal' enough to entertain friends and family for a sit down meal. I can't wait. His target timeline is six weeks, so hopefully by mid-April, I'll have my table. I'm going to buy chairs, because I don't feel like growing old waiting for him to have the time to make them for us. I may possibly go with super cheap ones and buy something like this to go over them. I'll have to look around and see.

In the meantime, here's how I've been spending my morning. Anyone who has been to my house will recognize these as 'before' and after arrangements.



Our current set up (living room area to the left, and computer table, bookcase and hall-type table in an otherwise, unused space to the right.



Our future set-up, with the computer table and chair moved to the den, the caddycorner bookcase moved to the living room, and the hall table somewhat squished in the corner. I may have to rethink that one.

2 comments:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Can't wait to see pictures of the new furniture :)

Unknown said...

I know -- I would love to see pictures, too! Please!