Happy Valentine's Day! I'm not one to generally get all worked up about hallmark manufactured holidays, but I do think this is a nice one. No, we don't go all out and do anything extravagant (none of those 'show her you love her' diamond numbers from Kay jewelers for me!), but cards and chocolates for all will abound. We're also going out to dinner tonight as a family in honor of the day. And, Sadie is wearing a shirt with pink and red hearts on it, so all in all, I feel like we are commemorating the day ;) Maybe one day when we're rolling in money (ha!), we'll go all out and I'll end up with a doorknob of a diamond ring, or even a used rolex, or something else equally 'blingy', but for now, I'm happy to enjoy the valentine's my girls have made for me and the chocolates or flowers I know Evan will be giving me. Oh, and I'm especially happy not to be repeating last year's "celebration"!
So, how about you? Any big plans? Big ticket items (something sparkly and new and decadent) on tap?
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy V-Day too! DH is in AZ for work so nothing planned here.
Post a Comment