I have to say, I'm amazed at how easily we have adjusted to life with a new (and very large) member of the household. Buddy is such a sweetheart, and it is no heartwarming to see him start to settle in and feel like we are 'home.' He and Sadie are really bonding, too, which is adorable. She just has such a nice, calm way about herself with regard to him, which he really appreciates. She'll just go over to him and lay down next to him and pet him absentmindedly while watching TV. He, in turn, is so sweet with her. I love it.
As for Eden, well, those two are still sorting each other out. I think Buddy sees her as his last chance to establish himself higher up in rank in the pecking order, and she sees him as competition for my attention. So, there is a good bit of chaos when they are together at the end of the day (what we refer to as the suicide hour--5pm until 7pm--in our house).
But, overall, the transition has gone really smoothly, and I'm so glad we took the plunge.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like he fit right in! Now you have to show more pics of him. He is a beautiful dog.
Post a Comment