Friday, November 30, 2007

Odds and Ends

  • Lots of good news on Evan's business front - he delivered that table last week, and the customer has already ordered the next piece (and is making noise about the piece after that). Given that he's got three other things in line ahead of those, I think it is safe to say he has a pipeline!
  • A gallery owner down in Pt. Pleasant asked him for a few pieces . On the one hand, it is flattering, and cool, and who knows? maybe he'll get a sale or another commission out of it. But on the other hand, given that the pieces he had to give her were being USED in our house...our bedside lamps, books and alarm clock are now sitting on the floor, and we've got to come up with a makeshift computer desk asap.
  • I'm going to Lydia's baby shower tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. Not only to see all the college girls, but just to celebrate this pretty wonderful, and somewhat miraculous time in Lyd's life. The latest forecast is for snow, though, and so I'm not looking forward to driving to and from Philly in crappy weather.
  • Sunday, we're dumping the girls at my parents' house for a bit and hopefully, finally, picking out the fabric for the Roman shade I'm making for the dining room.
  • I'm campaigning to have a couples getaway to the tropics in the spring. I really, really want (need!) this. Evan isn't quite on board yet. I need to work on him a bit more!
Finally, how cute is this picture?!?!? Its of the girls (Kayleigh, Sadie, Eden, and Sophia) taken at Kayleigh's first birthday celebration. Too cute!!!

No comments: