Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Trying to keep a positive outlook.

it could be worse. much, much worse. the washing machine or dryer could be the appliance that kicked. or the refrigerator. or, my god, the toilet! I know that in the scheme of things, having to live without a dishwasher for a little bit (speaking of which, that part is due in today. it better be on time!) is really not one of life's hardships. But, man! I really don't like washing dishes. It is just so...tedious. and wet. and, at least in our house, where someone is always snacking or drinking...neverending. I have to admit that knowing that the dishes can't just be secreted away into the the confines of the dishwasher -- out of sight, out of mind until the thing gets run in the evening has definitely influenced my food prep decisions! One-dish meals, served on paper towels (gotta love the sandwich) loom high up on my list of current favorites.

Anyway, it is only temporary, and obviously, it could be so much worse, but I will be so glad when the thing is fixed.

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Ugh... I hope it is fixed soon. That sucks.