Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I need to boast about something

I am actually freakishly organized for the holidays this year...the December holidays. Every year, I wait until the last minute and get all stressed out, in addition to ending up bearing the expense of gift giving all at once. Well, every year, prior to this one!

It is October 2nd, and I already have my gift list put together. My plan is to get half of the gifts this month, and the other half in November. That'll just leave December for sending cards, wrapping and last minute little things.

And, since I'm so dang organized this year, I think I'm going to be able to actually shop around for the best deals on things, with both online coupons and in the store bargains. I know I want to get my mom a digital camera, so I've been keeping an eye on deals at Best Buy.

Of course, the bulk of the kids' gifts will come from ToysRUs or Target, though I may have to be a big buzkill and throw some clothes into the mix, too.

I know what I'm getting Evan, but, being as he sometimes takes a visit over here to the world o' littlebitinteresting, I think I'll keep that one to myself for now.

So, who knows...if I manage to pull this off When I am all done with my shopping by December 1st, I might just get to enjoy the holiday season for what it is - a time for family and friends and joy.

PS - Lest you think this cat has really changed her stripes...I may be all organized for Christmas by the beginning of October, but don't ask about the as of yet to be purchased halloween costumes. Baby steps...

No comments: