Our kitchen, which is in desperate need of a complete cosmetic overhaul, doesn't want to cooperate and wait for us to have the funds to do so. This weekend the fridge started mysteriously leaking water, and the sink faucet has decided it prefers to be on rather than off.
We really would have preferred to wait to replace anything and do it all at once when we can do the big renovation, but it seems that in the next few days, we'll need to be shopping around for refrigerators and kitchen faucets. The faucet, not such a big deal, as I'm sure I can find something I like and can live with when we redo the kitchen. But the fridge...ugh. Part of the problem is that the current space for the fridge is not where we ultimately want to have the fridge, and we had planned to go with an oversized one (like we had in our old house), once we had the new cabinet configuration. So, it looks like we're going to end up buying an interim fridge to fit in the current space, and then replacing that one down the road. We already have a 'basement fridge', so it isn't like the one we buy now can be justified by the thought that it will serve as our second fridge one day. Oh well, I guess we'll just go for the cheapest one we can find.
Adventures in old home-owning continue....
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment