When we bought our house, Evan and I were equally exicted about the fact that it had a garage. Our old house, in snowy freaking Massachusetts, did not, and I can't tell you what a pain it was to have to shovel the car out of the snow every other day for months on end.
So, I say that we were equally excited, but, apparently, we didn't quite have the same end in mind. I has assumed that the garage would, oh, I don't know...BE A PLACE TO PARK OUR CAR. Evan, clearly, had other ideas, and our garage, to date, has yet to have had a car parked in it. Instead, it is a mess of lawn equipment, patio furniture, grills, bicycles, garbage cans, tools, beach gear, an extra oven that we 'might want someday' and other such stuff.
I've pretty much given up on the idea that we will park a car in there, though I guess the mild winters here make that not such a problem. However, Evan informed me the other day that he's going to clean out the garage to make room for him to do the finish work on a piece of furniture in it. I'm hoping once it is clean and organized, and once he gets some good garage lighting in there, it will at least be a more useful storage space so that we don't have play a life-size game of tetrus every time we want to locate something.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment