Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday Report

We had such a great weekend, and it went by much too quickly. It was one of those weekends that you fantasize about when you first think about having a baby...nothing but pleasant, happy kids and fun, family-oriented activities. Of course, the reality of parenting isn't usually like that, so to get an entire weekends of it was just...all the more wonderful.

Friday night, we went out to dinner with my parents. I had some reservations about doing it, since we weren't able to get our act together until after 6, and I was afraid that the kids' timers would have popped before our meals came. However, they were both great, the entire time, and it was really enjoyable.

Saturday, they both treated us to a weekend sleep-in (they both slept until almost 9 - unheard of in these parts!). It was such a gorgeous day (I love this endless summer at the Jersey shore), so we were outside for most of it. Sadie and I planted some bulbs and did some fall cleanup in the yard. In the afternoon, we took a long bike ride down to the beach playground in Belmar. I can't believe how warm it was - there were tons of people on the beach.

We had S & L and their kids over for pizza and beer on Saturday evening. The four kids got along beautifully and it was such a nice evening. I remember being a kid and having tons of fun with the children of family friends, and it was so cool to see that happening with all of our kids. We ended up keeping the kids of waaaaay late and as a result...

They slept until almost 9 again on Sunday morning! Woohoo! I could get used to this. I know that this can't last, at least with Eden, so I'm just enjoying it for now. Yesterday was divide and play day for us. Evan, Sadie and my dad took a hike up at Terrace Pond. My mom and Eden and I went to this traveling petting farm and then out to lunch. We headed back to my mom's house for Eden's nap, and I sat outside in a lounge chair and snoozed - it was such a rare treat.

Last night, my parents babysat and Evan and I went out to dinner. We went to Moonstruck and had a great meal, though I definitely ate too much. Went to bed full and happy, in both stomach and heart. It really was a great weekend.

I leave for Seattle tomorrow, and it is nice to be leaving on a "I'm going to miss them all like crazy" note, instead of being excited to get a break. Well, I am excited to get a break, and it is going to be a fantastic trip, but, still. I'll miss them all like crazy :D

No comments: