Monday, October 8, 2007

Our weekend had an identity crisis

Because yesterday we did the following:

Hit the beach, where it was hot, hot, hot.

Went to a fall festival, complete with hay rides and pumpkins and all that stuff.

Started buying Christmas presents.

Weird, huh?

In other weekend news, the birthday party was fun - the kids had a good time running around with the other kids, and it was nice to catch up with S____ and L_____ and some other people we knew there.

I had been a little nervous because the party was scheduled for 12:30, which conflicted with Eden's naptime (I have mentioned before that S and L don't ever worry about planning around their kids' nap needs, usually to disastrous results). Eden actually ended up falling asleep in the car on the way there, which is unusual for her, so I hung out in the parked car for an extra little bit so she could continue to sleep. She ended up with just enough of a nap to carry her through the afternoon in good spirits. I will say that every other toddler and preschooler there was simply miserable - I could see all of the other parents were having the same thoughts we were "why on earth does someone with small kids schedule a party in the middle of naptime?!?!"

Then, Saturday evening, I hosted my Simply Dish party. We had a great time, and our freezer is beyond full of meals now. Lydia came up for it, which was so great, and all of the women I invited seemed to click, even though most didn't know eachother.

So now back to the grind. Of course, I'm obsessing over the weather they are predicting for the next weekend. We have had day after day (week after week) of sunny weather. Now that we actually have specific plans that depend on good weather (our Lancaster trip), they are predicting cold, damp, rainy weather for Saturday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the forecast is wrong or will change as we get closer.

No comments: