
Isn't this a great looking tie? Picture it with a bright blue shirt and dark green suit. He looked great, if I do say so myself. This reminds me of something funny the pastor said at the wedding ceremony "when I asked Kristin and Matt to talk about their love for eachother, Kristin summed it up perfectly: 'Matt and I make so much sense. I showed him how to dress, and he taught me to sit down and breathe'. " LOL - that just speaks volumes, doesn't it?
We dropped the girls off at their grandparents' house by nine on Saturday, and hit the road. The ride was kind of long, but it was nice to just have the peace and quiet and be able to chat, or not, as we wanted. We stopped for lunch in Scranton (not exactly a booming town) where we got the giggles over the fact that there is a coffee place named "Sheetz". I looked everywhere for the Dunder Mifflin crowd there, but they were no where to be found.

So, we hit the road again and made it up to Syracuse by 2:30.
The wedding was really a lot of fun, and very beautiful. Kristin was engaged years ago, and due to get married just a few months before Evan and I. Right before the wedding, Ben (her college boyfriend) called it off and basically sent Kristin into a tailspin that took years to get over. So, it is especially nice to see that she has found, in Matt, a real partner in life. I'm so happy for her (them).
The reception was a blast - Kristin has this amazing ability to make and keep friends from every aspect of her life. She keeps in touch with just about EVERYONE from the college crowd, so it was great to see not only my good friends that I'm still in touch with, but also the people that I only see from time to time, and even more thrilling, some of the people I haven't seen since I graduated. Of course, seeing Lyd (who is just about the cutest preggo I've ever seen) and Lisa was the best of all. I told Lisa I'm getting spoiled, since I've seen her three times in two months. It was a lot of fun to get to party with them (and, they both married such nice, fun, guys, too). And, it was defreakinglicious to get to sleep in, lounge around in bed, and stumble down to brunch at, what, for us, was unthikably late.
So, we got back to find kids who had a great time with their grandparents, but also missed us. As I mentioned, I think they've both got a touch of a virus, so there has been an extra amount of crying and whining since we've been back, but, thanks to a night away, I think both Evan and I feel refreshed and better equipped to handle it today.
No comments:
Post a Comment