Have I ever mentioned that I am incredibly disorganized about some things? I’m pretty sure that I birthed out part of my brain when I had Sadie, as my ability to manage certain details of daily life has been crap ever since. One of those ‘life details’ is the ability to remember to return movie rentals and library books on time. So, I had solved the movie issue by getting a netflix membership. The $9.99 a month is far less the amount I would rack up in late fees, and I have to say, we watch more movies since having the membership, since I’m determined to get my money’s worth.
Anyway, movie problem solved, I was still getting caught off guard every time I’d go to the library and find out I had yet another late fine for overdue books. Sure, libraries are free, but not for those of us who a) take out a ton of books, and b) never remember to get them back or renew them within two weeks. So, I’m happy to say that I’ve found a service that is the Netflix of books – booksfree.com. Yeah, it’s not exactly free—the cheapest plan starts at $9.99 a month, but unlike the ‘free’ library, there are no late fees, and a quick browse through titles showed that they seem to have a good inventory of both paperbacks and audiobooks. So, unlike at the library, I should be able to get new releases as soon as they come in. I’ve just placed my first order (Cormac McCarthy’s The Road and Steinbeck’s East of Eden), and expect them to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday. Hopefully, I’ll be back to post a great review of the service.
1 comment:
I am horrible at returning books. Hence why I buy them all. Maybe I'll have to check this out.
Post a Comment