Yesterday morning, I was getting the house ready for our company. I have the bathroom a quick wipe-down, and then decided to make it 'company-ready'. You're probably wondering what makes a bathroom company-ready, in my eyes. No, it isn't those printed, disposable hand napkins, it isn't a fancy glass vessel sink (though, I really want one of those) or sparkling Delta faucets. It isn't even a toilet full of blue liquid (what is that stuff, anyway? does it really do anything other than announce to the person about to sit on the throne that you went to the trouble to clean before they got there?).
Nope...for me, the ultimate in 'bathroom elegance' is having a vase of fresh cut flowers on the vanity. It just seems so...I don't know...abundant? I mean, it is probably one of the last rooms you would think to adorn with flowers, but think about it...if you have guests, they are sure to visit the bathroom, and sure to notice a fresh bouquet in there. In the winter, I buy - usually just a few stems. But in the summer, when our garden is exploding with hydrangea and zinnias and black-eyed Susans, how can I resist going overboard with an enormous bouquet (or two) in there. Who cares if I have to move all of the bathroom accessories to accommodate my massive display - I've got flowers to showcase, damnit!
When I first started doing this, Evan thought it (or I?) was strange. But, now, he knows. Yesterday when he saw Sadie and me out clipping in the beds, vase in hand, he immediately said "For the crapper?" Perhaps that will be my lasting legacy...lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I went to an old friend's house about a year ago and she had fresh cut flowers on the back of her toilet in a pretty vase (LOL LOL OMG! I just wrote... "fresh cut toilets on the back of her flowers". ROFL!) and I was really impressed. I thought that it was a really nice touch. A splash of brightness and beauty in place you wouldn't expect! I say A+!
Post a Comment