Monday, July 16, 2007

We Survived!

I'm going to upload the few pictures I remembered to take in a moment. We are back, and all in one piece. No small feat. Camping was a lot of fun (and, a lot of work). The girls had a blast and I'm so glad we did it, and so glad we decided to take Eden with us, after all. It was definitely harder to keep her out of danger and trouble, but she really enjoyed the swimming and the hiking (even though she snoozed most of the way up the mountain) and loved sleeping in the tent.

We met up with friends with kids that Sadie hadn't seen since our last camping trip in the summer of '05. They hit if off again right away, which was great.

Pictures to follow shortly... I'm not sure why I insist on dragging the camera everywhere we go, since, once there, I usually forget to take any pictures. In my defense, though, I can say that this time I was too busy keeping Eden out of trouble (as in, keeping her out of the campfire, poison ivy, and from climbing up the big rocks) to snap away. If I had been able to get some shots to really capture the trip, they would have included pix of the girls enjoying the lake, hiking up the mountain trail (well, Sadie hiked and Eden rode--and snoozed--in the backpack carrier), exploring the campsite, roasting marshmallows, and loving the tents. And, of course, I should have snapped a picture of them on the ride home. I have never seen them any dirtier (yes, they were in the tub getting sanitized within 10 minutes of our arrival home). Anyway, since I didn't get those pictures, these will have to do:


The ride up....Sadie led us in a rousing rendition of shouting "where are we going? Caaaaaamping!" repeatedly for much of the two hour car trip. Eden? Well, she preferred to just not nap (even though she was exhausted) and intermittently smack Sadie is the head while shouting "Stop it!". This picture captures both of them between these activities.




The kids (and Anonda) - sitting around eating junk food. It don't get any better than this...



Eden checking out the tents. She loved them, though it did take some persuasion and, eventually, a shot of children's benadryll (it was legit, I swear...she has a cold) to convince her to actually settle down and sleep in it.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like fun! I'm trying to get our family into camping. So far, no luck. :(

Alexis Jacobs said...

Looks like a fun time! I drag my camera everywhere. I'd take pictures on the toilet if possible.