Has anyone been following the news item about the CEO of Whole Foods? Apparently, in a bid to devalue a competitor's stock, he posted a number of anonymous messages on Yahoo's finance boards, prior to Whole Foods making an offer to buy the competitor. You have to wonder...how stupid is this guy, if he thinks that anything can really happen anonymously online.
I don't really have a problem with what you post being attributed to you (I think there are far too many people who I call "web wizards of Oz" -- people who feel empowered to be something they never would have the guts to be in a face to face situation-- trolling the Web). But, I do think that people should be able to browse/view/read whatever they want on the Web without it being traced back to them. Nowadays, that is becoming harder and harder to do. So, I'm interested in checking out this product--http://www.thebestvpn.net--that apprently offers a personal VPN service for anonymous browsing. I mean, after all, just because I disclose to my hordes ;) of readers that I check in on celebrity gossip on a daily basis, doesn't mean I want the powers that be to know.
1 comment:
Amen! By the way, I checked this out from the PPP site and loved it! What a great idea - I just may have to look into it. :) I was just too late to click the button to give me a chance to use it as a post. Bummer.
Post a Comment