it had all the trappings of a not so good one...rain predicted for the entire day, not a single outing or playdate prearranged, me and the girls inside. all. day. long.
Really, in light of my other post, I was not looking forward to the start of my days off this week. Especially when I saw that we're expecting three straight days of rain.
But, actually, yesterday turned out to be a good day, after all. For one thing, I got up a bit earlier and motored around and took care of the household chores that I'm usually trying to fit in during my time with the girls. This saved me from getting frustrated when they invariably pull me away from them. I decided that my attitude about the entire day was that it was my full-time job to hang out with and play with them, and if I managed to get in any time for myself, great, but not to expect it.
Next, Sadie and I struck a deal in the morning...no yelling (me), no crying and whining (her). We each only had to remind eachother to hold up our respective ends of the bargain once or twice throughout the day.
Finally, in spite of not having planned anything beforehand, I did manage to keep us busy, which helps. In the morning, we went to Petco to buy live crickets for Sadie's newest pets (toads). We ended up spending the better part of an hour there, looking at all of the creatures (note to self: pet stores are great rainy day activities). Then, we went to Target and picked out a some craft stuff for Sadie (glitter glue, and a jewelry beading kit). After that, I took them out to lunch (where else? Applebees!) and then it was time to get Eden home for her nap.
Eden slept for 2 1/2 hours, and during that time, Sadie and I made some cool jewelry with her new kit and read some stories.
When Eden got up, we had a tea party with all of their dollies (oh, my other sanity-saver was to just stop giving a rip how messy the house gets during the day. So, yeah, the living room looked like a bomb went off when Evan got home, but at least he came home to a happy family).
When Evan got hme (around 3:30), I took some time for myself and went to the gym. I need to be more assertive about this, because just having an hour break, all to myself, really does wonders for my mood. Got home around 4:45 and got dinner together. After dinner, Evan took Sadie out on her bicycle while I got Eden ready for bed.
All in all, it was a good day, and I didn't feel completely spent and frustrated and resentful by the end of it. I'm going to try to repeat the same for today, so this is the last I'll be online today, as I hear some little ones starting to stir. Hasta manana!
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment