Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Stuff that dreams (and perfect summer days) are made of

We had such a great day today. One of my girlfriends from way back when (think 9th grade, 1986, acid-washed jeans and peroxided bangs) and her two little boys joined us at the beach today. Sadie and her five year old, Preston, play together so well, and all four of the kids ran themselves ragged while MB and I had a chance to just sit on the beach and catch up. It was so much fun. Originally, we thought we'd be there for maybe three hours, but the kids were playing so well, and we were so busy talking that we ended up being there almost the entire day. Inspired by Preston, who is quite the adventurous little swimmer, Sadie even got up the nerve to really play in the waves, instead of her usual stand by the edge and get her feet a little wet routine. Between hours of that and lots of time in the pool, she was completely wiped out by dinnertime. I think her eyes were closed before her head even hit the pillow this evening.

I only have three weeks, give or take, until my summer schedule is over and it is back to the grind at work. In spite of my whining post of a few weeks ago, overall, I've been enjoying the summer so much. I'm sad to see that the end is in sight already.

No comments: