So very tired! It was a really good weekend, but very busy. To top it all off, I just didn't sleep well last night, and Eden woke at 6am, raring to go. Lately, we've been able to go in a rub her back for a second and just reassure her that we're still there and she'll go back to sleep for another hour or so. Of course, she wanted none of that action today. So, I've been up since 6, after a night of very little sleep. I'm already counting the hours until I can get to bed tonight (10 more!).
Yesterday, I took the girls to a birthday party of one of Sadie's former classmates, Jordyn. Her parents are really super nice, down to earth people, but they're also super wealthy, and so, with Sadie's party coming up soon, it is hard not to feel a little insecure about the party we're throwing for her, because all of the same kids will be at both. Last year, we had Sadie's party on a Saturday, and then Jordyn's party was the next day. I was so thankful it turned out that way, because Jordyn's party was a huge extravaganza, and Sadie's was pretty modest. This year was no different (they had a great kids' magician, rented a bouncy castle, and had everyone over for a pool party). In my heart, I know that the kids are going to have a great time at Sadie's party, but I worry a little bit that Sadie won't think it is anything super special, since she gets to ride horses every week.
In the late afternoon and evening, we had our neighborhood block party. That was definitely a good time! We have the best neighbors/neighborhood. The short stretch of Lake St. in front of our house was blocked off to traffic, and tables, chairs and grills were set up. Everyone brought their own meat to grill and alcoholic beverage of choice, and the the rest (side dishes and desserts) were potluck. The kids had a blast tearing around everyone's yards and getting to ride their bikes in the closed off street (without parental supervision-woot, woot!). The party ran until about 7:30 and then by the time we got everything cleared up and the kids bathed and in bed, it was close to nine. Even Sadie was dragging her tush this morning when I had to wake her.
Anyway, the week should be pretty quiet and uneventful (save for some back to school, meet the new principal event we need to attend tonight), so hopefully, we'll all catch up on some rest.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment