Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Cherry on the Sundae

I honestly don't remember a better Labor Day weekend than the one we just had. Usually, it rains some, if not all, of the weekend, putting a damper on any beach or barbeque plans.

We had a great three days of sun and fun, and visiting with family(ies). Even though I can say with certainty that we had our fill of the beach this summer, it was definitely a little sad to clean out the locker yesterday and say goodbye for another year. Oh sure, we'll be back down on one of the public beaches any and every nice weekend through October, but it won't be quite the same. My kids (and, Evan and I, to an extent) really thrive on ritual and routine, and we certainly had that one down pat this year.

Anyway, on to new things...Evan is taking Sadie for her Kindergarten orientation this morning, and then out to buy her supplies. She is really nervous about starting school, but I think after tomorrow, some of ther anxiety will have dissipated. I hope, anyway.

My class starts this morning, too, so I'd better get going and get things together.

No comments: