Friday, September 28, 2007

Still No Word

I still haven't heard back from the doctor's office with regard to whether or not Eden is going to qualify for coverage for Synagis shots. I'm not really sure what the timeframe for getting an answer was supposed to be (I guess I should have asked), but if she is going to get them, she needs to start in the next month, so hopefully, we'll hear something soon. The last time I spoke to the nurse, it didn't sound terribly promising--her risk factors (prior hospitalization for RSV, in daycare, older sibling in school) don't rate as high as others would (propensity for asthmatic episodes which require using a portable oxygen concentrator or nebulizer, prolonged hospitalization for RSV...). I would like her to get the shots if she qualifies, but won't be too upset if she doesn't, as I'm glad she doesn't have some of those more serious issues.