Wednesday, September 19, 2007

So...Guess what we are doing this weekend?

Selecting and ordering our decking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The framing is finally all finished, and Evan was able to resuse a ton of the old treated wood for it, which saved us quite a lot in material costs. So, now we're ready to buy the decking. We're going with a synthetic composite decking, instead of actual wood. We gave it a lot of thought and ultimately, it came down to maintenence. There is so much that needs to be taken care of around the house, that the thought of adding on another annual chore (sealing and repairing) was just not so appealing. So, we're going with Timbertech. From looking online, I have an idea of the board style and color I think I want (Tropical Rosewood from the Earthwood collection), but I'd like to see the samples in person before deciding for sure. There are two Timbertech dealers around here, so Saturday, we'll go and make our decision and place our order. I can't wait!!!! This backyard project has been a long time in the making - it is going to be great to get to use the deck soon

No comments: