Sunday, September 9, 2007

Two Notable Things

1. I had four hours entirely to myself on the beach this weekend. No kids, no restless husband...it was heavenly. Of course, I forgot my book and my iPod battery was dead, but it didn't even matter. I alternately snoozed and sat and stared at the ocean and just...thought...and enjoyed the solitude. I haven't had an opportunity like that in years. Five, to be exact. It was a much-needed spirit refresher.

2. Evan and I left the girls with a sitter last night and went out to dinner. This is the first time we've ever left them in the evening with anyone other than a family member. I put Eden down right before the sitter arrived, so she awoke this morning none the wiser. But Sadie had a great time "playing" with Erica (she is the fourteen year old daughter of our regular, daytime daycare provider) and apparently gave her no trouble at all. So, all in all, a success! We'll definitely be doing that one again. I don't know why it took us so long to take the plunge?

More about the weekend later...right now the kids are calling....

No comments: