Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Ocean

Yesterday, I took a long walk on the boardwalk in Long Branch, which is something I haven't done since the spring. I had forgotten how much I like that walk. Pier Village is so bustling with activity and the ocean is, well...it's the ocean. I've seen a lot of natural wonders, from snow-capped mountains to cascading waterfalls, from lava beds to canyons, and still, nothing inspires, awes, and calms me more than the ocean.

I know I am not alone in that feeling, either, judging by how many other people were on the boardwalk yesterday, just breathing it all in. It's the reason Wilmington NC real estate will command a higher price than say, Akron OH or Des Moines, IA. Yeah, yeah, I know houses in some mountain locales (Aspen, Park City) command even more money than the coasts, but let's face it...that's more about having a certain zip code next to your name than anything else.

Anyway, I guess the point of this post is just to blaaaaahg yet again about how grateful I am to live where I do.

No comments: