Monday, September 24, 2007

Need Motivation

I've kind of fallen into a slump lately, with regard to being motivated about too much. I'm not sure what it is, whether it is just a natural slowing down after the crazy summer, or something 'deeper.'

I have really slacked off with working out and/or bike riding. I'm not quite sure what happened - I had been doing so well, had great momentum, was working out or riding the bike five days a week. I was feeling great about how I looked and felt, and then all of a sudden, it has all gone to hell.

I missed a week, due to scheduling conflicts (I normally go at lunch) and that seems to have really thrown me off track. So, today is Monday, and I'm going to try to use the fresh start, new week thing as a motivator. I brought my workout clothes today and am going to try to leave the office right at 5 so I can get a good workout in immediately afterwards. I'm hoping that will be the kickstart to getting me to do it again regularly.

I've also been pretty unmotivated at work. That in itself is weird, considering it is September, generally the most invigorating time of the year here. Our department is in transition (old boss quit, now we have a mostly absent, interim boss) and it is hard to motivate myself to give it my all when it seems like no one cares/notices. It is a good thing I'm not due to fill out my employee self evaluation form any time soon, because I think I'd have a hard time coming up with many quality contributions to the University lately. So, I suppose I need to set some goals for myself in this area, too, but maybe I'll do that tomorrow ;-)

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

If you figure it out let me know. I've been slacking for the past week as well and here it is Wednesday and yet I still sit in my PJs,.