I don't think I updated here, but Sadie has been doing really well with adjusting to both kindergarten, as well as her new morning day care situation. We implemented a reward chart in an attempt to stop the crying at drop-off at Cindy's, and it worked remarkably well. So far, kindy drop-off hasn't presented any problems. For whatever reason, she has been a real trooper about that one.
But today, there is no school (closed for Rosh Hashana) and so my plan was to leave her at Cindy's all day. She got hysterical at this notion this morning and made me feel really bad. I'm not sure why she was so upset about it, though I suspect it may be because she spent the day with her grandmother yesterday (they took her to temple).
Anyway, the short story is that in a moment of weakness, I told her that I would leave work early and pick her up. I don't know why I did that - while it isn't a problem to do this today, generally, it isn't something I can do, and I probably just reinforced for her that crying will get her what she wants.
update: I just called over to Cindy's and she's fine (as I expected), so Cindy is going to tell her that I called and she and I decided that Sadie's having a great time and that daddy will pick her up at the normal time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment