Thursday, September 27, 2007

Doesn't this sound nice?


A skiing vacation in Europe. Don't you just picture amazing, Alpine slopes, gorgeous little villages tucked into the mountains, amazing coffee and hot chocolate, tasty food, and sipping wine by the fire? That's what I think of, anyway. Somehow--and maybe this is just complete fantasy on my part--the thought of a ski holiday in Europe just seems a little more glamorous and refined than say, the Poconos or the Catskills (our closests ranges).

While skiing may not be the first thing you think of when you think of vacationing in Europe, it is actually a pretty big deal in many parts of the continent. Courchevel, France, St. Anton, Austria, Meribel, France, as well as a zillion places in the Swiss Alps are all renowned destinations for luxury skiing holidays. I think it would be awesome to rent one of the luxury ski chalets in Courchevel, for example, and have a real, old-world style skiing vacation. I mean, everyone always complains that Europe is too hot and crowded in the summer, so why not visit in the winter?

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

That would be my husband's dream. I, however, loathe snow.