Monday, November 5, 2007

3rd Honeymoon

When Evan and I were married, we had absolutely no money. I was finishing up my gig as a full-time grad student, and we were living pretty much hand-to-mouth. We had enough sense not to blow our wedding gift money on an elaborate honeymoon (instead, we blew it on the hefty tuition at BU and NBSS ;) ), and took a pretty modest five day trip to Martha's Vineyard. We had a great time, and I have nothing but great memories of that trip. But, we did feel as though we had missed out on the big honeymoon experience. So, about a year later, once I had a job and we had some money to burn, we took our '2nd honeymoon' trip to Spain. Now that trip was amazing and we still talk about 'when we go back to Spain...'. Anyway, that was in '99. We've really only taken two splurge vacations since then. I think we're due for another!

Our tenth anniversary is coming up next June, and I'd like to plan something -- a third honeymoon of sorts. Probably nothing too elaborate, given our time and finance restrictions, but something special nonetheless. While I'd really like for us to jet away and stay at a Hawaii bed and breakfast, I'll probably have to settle for a lush, tropical paradise a little bit closer. I'm thinking about the Bahamas. Pluses are that it is a short plane trip and there's supposed to be good snorkeling. I need to start looking into it soon, so that I can figure out when and how.

No comments: