Thursday, November 15, 2007

This Looks Good

There's a new Stephen King movie coming out, just in time for the long, Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Do you like Stephen King? For a long time, he really ranked up there as one of my favorite authors, and The Stand and The Green Mile are two movies that routinely make my favorites list.


I really like his suspense stuff, especially. I remember reading Carrie when I was young, and that being my first experience of having the written word actually terrify me.

I haven’t kept up with his stuff lately, but I took a look at the trailer, and this one looks pretty good. Check it out:

The Mist by Stephen King

I’m not sure if I mentioned it here, but Evan and I have started trying to get out for ‘dates’ every other weekend. On the nights when we can’t rope a willing grandparent into babysitting duty, we call upon our paid sitter. Since we’re shelling out $8/hour for her (and, she’s worth every penny, for the record), that means that our evening’s activity needs to meet the following criteria – somewhat abbreviated and somewhat affordable. So, even though, in this age of NetFlix, it kind of pains me to pay $10 for a movie ticket (I know - $10! I about fell over when we hit the theatre two weeks ago and I saw that the price had gone up yet again), I have to say that going out to a movie definitely fills the bill as an approved activity for a night out. So, I may have to add The Mist to the list of things to do next time we have Erica come watch the kids.


No comments: