Thursday, November 8, 2007

proud

Evan just finished up a dining table for a client. He has been working on it for a loooooonnng time (the table is made from wood from the woman's tree, so he oversaw the milling and had to let it age for about 18 months before he could work with it). I have to say, everytime he makes something, it reminds me of how proud I am of him, and how awed I am by his abilities. This table is so beautiful (and, as it is currently sitting in my dining room awaiting it sendoff), I told Evan I want one just like it. If he wasn't getting a buttload of money for it, I would almost be happy to see the sale fall through, so that we could keep it. ;)

Anyway, having the table in there has made me want to start using our dining area as such even more. On the one hand, I want Evan to make us a set (or , at least a table), because he can make something better and more beautiful than anything we could afford to buy. But on the other hand, I'm impatient, and I just want something in there already. I mentioned before that we are going to host a New Year's Day brunch, and it would be great to not have to use a folding table for the buffet. Anyway, I doubt that will happen, but I have sort of extracted a vague promise from Evan to build us a table this winter. The compromise is that he gets to build the table and then we just go and buy chairs (because I don't feel like waiting five years for a complete set to be made). Of course, I've already been looking online. I found this at the Bush furniture site, what do you think?

I'm sure Evan will think they are crap/poorly made/etc but I like the look.

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

I like the look of that chair. Very classic!