Sunday, November 18, 2007

I just love that little girl!

Today, Sadie spent the afternoon with her Grammy and Grampy, so Evan and I had the rare treat of an afternoon alone with Eden. I think that has happened maybe twice since I returned to work when she was 7 weeks old. It was delicious!

First, we went out to lunch - for sushi! I wish I'd taken a picture of my adorable child, sitting on a booster seat at the sushi bar, using her chopsticks (rubberbanded together) to eat her edamame. She seemed to realize that this was a special occaision, Sadie's absence. She was so...good, and quiet, and oh so different than she is when the four of us are out to eat. No clamoring for our attention or trying to get a word in edgewise while Sadie "motormouth" C. is chattering continuously. It was such a peaceful meal that it was kind of reminiscent of our childless days. I joked to Evan that before we had kids, when I thought about having one, this is what I thought it would be like - that the child would just seamlessly (and quietly) fit into the life we already had. We had a good laugh about that one!

Then, we came back to the house so she could nap. I took that opportunity to head out and do some holiday shopping (got a ton done, btw, and I'm feeling a bit less edgy about it now). After she woke up, she helped me create this funny on the computer and she was hysterical over it. Full on belly laughing. It was adorable.

We ended the afternoon by heading out to Evan's parents' house to have dinner with them and retrieve Sadie. As soon as they opened the door, Eden ran right over to Sadie and gave her the biggest, most heartfelt hug ever. There is nothing better than seeing my kids love on eachother. What a great day.

1 comment:

Gina Wieboldt said...

Thank you for the elves and the laughs! We did it too!