Tuesday, November 27, 2007

This is so not like me, but...

We got a card/note in the mail the other day from a real estate agent, saying that a house around the corner had sold and we had new neighbors. Normally, I would just ignore the note, but I think I'm actually going to go over and introduce myself. When we moved into this house, our neighbors were SO welcoming...coming over to introduce themselves, and one set even brought us a cake with a 'welcome to the neighborhood' card. It was really nice, and quite a departure from what we were used to in our 'urban suburban' neighborhood in Boston, where people were too busy to be so friendly.

So anyway, I'm going to give it a try. Who knows? Maybe they have kids and we can score some new playmates for the girls, or, even better, maybe I'll hit it off with them and score a new friend for myself.

No comments: