Wednesday, November 28, 2007

more shopping done

I made another trip to Target last night and am excited to say that I am really pretty close to being done! I couldn't resist picking up a few more things for the girls, even though I thought they were good to go already. It is kind of cool that as Sadie gets older, the things I am buying for her are more interesting to me (Hungry Hippo, Light Bright, e.g.). So far, I have resisted buying her anymore Barbie crap. Not sure if I will hold to it, but it's a goal.

Can't wait for the gift-giving to begin! Of course, I still have to wrap everything - doh! One thing that I also realized is that this is the first year that none of the girls' gifts are coming packaged with those oh so annoying and impossible to remove without a pair of pliers or box cutters plastic-coated wire ties. There is no bigger buzzkill than having to wrestle the damn toy out of the box for 20 minutes, while your kid is jumping up and down and going crazy wanting to play with it.

No comments: