Tuesday, November 27, 2007

This weekend (coming up)

will be December already - I can't believe how fast this year is flying by!!!!

I suppose I really need to get my act together and come up with a list of indoor activities for those cold, rainy weekends that are sure to come.

I have my usual stash of things, starting with the mundane (and free), but effective at keeping the kids interested and entertained. These include:

--The library
--PetSmart (they love to not only look at the cats, birds, reptiles and rodents, but for some reason, they are really into looking through the cat and dog supplies -- especially the bedding and leases. weird, I know, but it is a good way to pass an hour or so)
--the mall. they really enjoy walking around and looking in the store windows.

the more exciting options include:

--McDonald's (love those indoor playgrounds)
--Chuck E. Cheese's (I can only suck it up and tolerate this maybe 2x a year, so I hold it out as a last resort)
--FunTime America. We haven't actually been there yet, but I hear it is good (though, expensive).

then, if we're willing to venture further away then the immediate area, there are a couple of children's museums and an aquarium we could hit.

If anyone (local) has any other suggestions, please, let me know! As far as I'm concerned, you can never have too many options for a dreary winter day.

No comments: