Thursday, April 19, 2007

Is the outside of your home personalized?

One thing that really makes a house stand out for me, are those extra touches people put on the outside of it, to make it theirs. It might be a pair of planters flanking the front steps, an inviting bench in the yard, a wreath, mezzuzah, or celtic cross at the front door, a custom-painted mailbox or address sign...so much thought and energy and money is focused on getting the inside of the house 'just so' that a lot of times, people just ignore the outside. Now, I don't advocate for tons of stuff cluttering up the front, but one or two well-placed things really make a mark.

I'm trying to get some ideas for what will work well with our house, so I've been really noticing what other people have. I'm pretty sure I want to install some lights along the walkway up to the front door, but I have to figure out what the perfect accent piece will be. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Please please please do not put any trolls or gnomes in your yard. Please please please.