Friday, April 20, 2007

Some Big Girl Time

I think Sadie and I are in some serious need of one-on-one time. Even though we spend a lot of time together (well, relatively speaking for a mother who works full-time out of the house), the time we spend together--especially during the week--isn't often 'quality.' It is just so hard when I'm trying to juggle her needs with keeping Eden out of trouble (that in itself is a fulltime job) and whatever tasks I need to attend to. Don't get me wrong...I'm not one of those parents who puts chores over time with my kids (trust me. anyone who has seen the state of my house can attest to that). But still. There are things that need to be done (lunches made, general chaos contained, diapers to change and babies to nap) that keep me from giving Sadie my full (or, sadly, even much) of my attention a lot of the time.

Anyway, the past week or so, she has gotten very clingy, and has started crying at drop-off at school. I've spoken with her teacher, who assures me that nothing is going on at school, and that she's fine 5 minutes after I leave. So, my takeway is that Sadie is needing some extra attention from me.

I'm going to try to have just the two of us go out to breakfast or lunch one of the days this weekend, and maybe do a little shopping (her favorite activity!). Hopefully, some extra alone time with me will help her get past whatever is bothering her these days.

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

I love those special one-on-one times. Hope you have fun :)