Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bid4Prizes

I don't know about you, but I have often had a frustrating experience bidding on items with eBay. I have either gotten caught up in a ferver and ended up bidding (and paying) way more than I should, or wanted to, for an item, or...more commonly, I set my maxiumum bid amount and just get outbid time and time again.

Well...check this out. This site -- Bid4Prizes--operates under the premise that the LOWEST unique bid wins the item. How cool is that? The idea is that if you can figure out how to bid low, but not the same amount as another bidder, you win the item as a prize, rather than buying it. And, regardless of whether or not your bid wins, it seems as though you earn points for participating. These points can then be redeemed for free gifts (reminds me of the tickets the skeeball machine spits out at the arcade).

I took a quick look through the current auctions and it seems that there are a ton of prizes in all different categories, from phones to cars to TVs, and even cash prizes. I can imagine this is a site where it would be pretty easy to spend a lot of time. All if all, it looks like a fun, user-friendly chance to win really cool stuff.

No comments: