I am not going to let my children grow up. Seriously. They can age to about, oh...say nine and then I'm holding them there. From what I hear, age 10 is the new 15 and teenagers (or, even pre-teens) are no fun.
As if there wasn't already enough to worry about with general mouthiness, drinking, smoking, cutting class, sexual encounters, I heard a special on NPR the other day about how prescription drug addiction is on the rise, particularly among teenagers. It almost seems to me that these days, if you manage to steer your child through adolescence without any catastrophic occurrence related to the above activities, that you deserve some sort of award. Or, reward.
Then again, my mother swears that being a grandmother is the reward you get for raising children.
No matter, because I'm just not going to let my girls grow up. What's that song from Peter Pan.."never grow up, never grow up..."
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment