We're making progress toward our big project for this year - taming the backyard. We're having four trees taken down at the end of the month, and that will pave the way for the rest of the work to begin. Next up will be to tear down the old deck. From the looks of it, it shouldn't be too hard, being as it is halfway rotted and sagging already.
This weekend we'll measure out the space and figure out the exact layout for the new patio. Once we do that, we'll be able to figure out our material needs. Then, the fun begins -- perusing pavers, garden accessories, and yard markers. I'm such a geek, but I love all that kind of stuff. I seriously spend a lot of time drooling over dream yards in Better Home and Gardens each month. I’m so excited to transform our yard into a great outdoor space.
I need to get out (if it ever stops raining) and take a before picture to post, so that you all can appreciate what we’re doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment