Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Boy Toys

I thought that might get your attention ;-)

Does your husband, boyfriend, significant other of the male persuasion have a compulsion...make that a NEED...to buy things you consider...toys? You know, big screen TVs, golf clubs, car stereo equipment, mountain-biking gear, muscle cars - that kind of thing. I've always found it curious that men never seem to outgrow their need for toys.

My husband often combs the classifieds, or garage sales or ebay looking for stuff. Not stuff that he needs, necessarily, but things "that would be neat to have" (his words). My brother-in-law, upon the birth of his daughter, went out and bought himself a huge flat screen TV. He called it his 'baby gift to himself.' My father-in-law has two classic cars that he is forever spending money on parts and accessories for (much to my mother-in-law's chagrin).

Maybe I'm stereotyping and giving men a bad name (or...maybe its just the family I married into?), but I just don't see that women necessarily do the same thing. Or, maybe its just me. Do you have toys? If so...what are they?

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

DH had a snowmobile, till he totaled it. He has a 4 wheeler, a boat, a sports car, golf clubs, a zero turn mower... ((sigh))