I have to say that I am somewhat surprised at how addicted I have become to blogging. As I said in my opening entry, I wanted some way of chronicling this amazing time in my life and the kids' lives. These years are so busy and tiring and hard, yet also so amazing and full of joy and wonder. They are going by so quickly, and I know that in the blink of an eye, the kids will be grown and what I really feel to be my "life's work" will be over. I want to cherish and remember it all, and blogging is helping me to do that. I just didn't realize how prolific I would be.
I do think some of it has to do with the ease of composing electronically, vs. with paper and pen. Let's face it...writing by hand, for those of us accustomed to typing everything, is hard! Honestly, the only times I willingly use ink pens anymore are for signing checks (and, since most of our bills are paid online, there's only a couple a month that get written), writing grocery lists (truth be told, I have been guilty of typing it up on a slow day at work -- makes it easier to organize by store layout that way ;-) ) and signing birthday cards. I'm guessing I won't stop doing that anytime soon.
Well, whatever the reason, be it ease of use or just the enjoyment at having an outlet for all the random thoughts that occur to me, I am so glad I am doing this. Even if no one is reading ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey I read :)
Post a Comment