I have lived in a few different parts of the country, and while there have been things that I've loved about most of them, nowhere has ever really felt like 'home' but here...the Jersey shore, even after almost 10 years away. But, loving where you live and living where you love can come with a price. And, if your location of choice is NJ, that price comes in the form of ridiculously inflated real estate prices and sky high property taxes.
Sometimes I wish I was raised and attached to somewhere more affordable...Cleveland, Des Moines, Tulsa, Minneapolis...ok, so truth be told, I think I'm glad that I don't live in some of those places. But even some of the areas that I have been to that I've really liked. Raleigh North Carolina Real Estate, for example, is so much more affordable than here. I like to torture myself by looking up houses in our price range and seeing the McMansion I could be living in if only I were a North Carolina girl. Or an Iowan. Or a Georgian.
So, go on...if you live in the Northeast, or maybe the over-inflated west coast...join me in this exercise in agony and regret and see what kind of a house you could afford in Raleigh, or Sioux City, or Tuscaloosa.
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Come to the Raleigh area. We can be neighbors!! :)
Post a Comment