That's our big decision for the week.
The idea of having someone come and lay down sod (or even doing it ourselves to save money) is very appealing....I mean...insta-lawn! But, our budget for the whole backyard effort is tight, and even though sod isn't *that* expensive, the upfront cost is lots more than that of seeding.
Thoughts?
Monday, April 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
If we had a choice I would have done sod. But I live where grass doesn't grow.
Time v. money. It's a tough call- around here sod is a little less than $1 per square foot. That adds up pretty quickly and it's a lot of work to install it. The obvious benefit is that you'll be able to use it sooner. But, if you can wait, seed will get it done eventually for less. Of course, you'll have rake the ground then, too...
Did I mention how much I hate landscaping?
-bro-in-law
Post a Comment