Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I've pimped her ride

Eden has not been feeling well, and has been...how shall I say this...a right royal pain in the butt a little fussy lately. Whiney, clingy, and really only happy when in my arms. Given that she weighs 24 pounds, and is just generally a big kid, you can imagine how tired my arm has been getting, and how hard it is to try to do anything one-handed.

If I thought she could still fit in the Baby Bjorn, I'd probably be carrying her around in that all day (my lower back just spasmed at the thought). Since she can't, I decided to try something that I hadn't considered since Sadie was a baby...a baby sling. I've seen women--not just the Mayan women in Belize...women around here-- wearing their toddlers in them, so I knew it was entirely possible.

I wasn't sure if Eden was going to go for it, being contained/constrained and all, but she was happy as a bug in a rug in it. Just look at that smile!



There are a number of different brands of baby slings out there, and I don't really know how they compare as far as quality and price, but the one I'm wearing is a Slinglings. The material choices they have are really pretty, and the quality seems good (it even held up to 37 pound Sadie taking a ride in it after she saw how much Eden liked it). I certainly wouldn't trade my backpack carrier or stroller for it for taking a neighborhood walk, but for around the house, or a quick run into the store, it definitely comes in handy.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

How did your back feel after?