Friday, August 17, 2007

What to get the almost five year old in my life

Sadie's birthday is coming up in about a month. People have been asking me--and her--for ideas for presents. I am kind of at a loss. The kid has everything she needs, and a whole bunch more. In fact, I'm not even sure what we are going to get her. When asked directly, she has said she wants jewelry (sometimes I wonder whose child this is...?). What kind of jewelry do you get for a five year old? When pressed for more detail, she'll only say "surprise me." Cute, no? So, I don't know if she is expecting diamond rings and gold bangle bracelets, or crappy, made in China and therefore probably saturated with lead paint, Disney-branded schlock (to use one of my Dad's favorite Yiddish words). Why couldn't she just ask for a bike?

1 comment:

Jim said...

How about a 529 plan?

Of course, I guess she's already covered at MC (oops, I mean MU). :)

I'm trying to remember what I found exciting at 5, and all I can come up with is batteries and light bulbs. How about a basic electronics kit?

-B-I-L