As predicted, the weekend got spontaneously filled with activity. Friday evening we had dinner with my parents, and then the girls treated them to the after dinner show (dancing around like banshees to the them song from "The Saddle Club" over and over and over again. Eden gets so excited to see them now, which I know just melts my mom's heart.
Saturday morning was a rush of cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning and grocery shopping (note: my summer persona, the one that is able to just overlook the dust and dirt in the house and worry about the night's dinner an hour before has vanished faster than 1 pt. fudge brownies at a Weight Watchers meeting). We got down to the beach at lunchtime and had a nice afternoon there. The waves were wild, and Sadie was really holding her own on the boogie board. I can't believe this is the same kid who clung to me like a 37 lb. necklace any time we went in the water just a month or so ago. Eden gave us a bit of a scare by walking away while no one was paying attention. Evan and I were talking with my in-laws when all of a sudden it dawned on me that she wasn't sitting with us anymore. "Where's Eden?" I asked, in a panic. We all jumped up and looked in a different direction. Luckily, she hadn't gone too far, but she had made it all the way up the steps to the bluff and was patiently waiting in line to rinse her feet off in the shower. I have to say, it is moments like that when I appreciate going to the beach in a small, private place. I knew she couldn't get far without someone recognizing her as our wayward kid and returning her. But, still, it was a scare.
Saturday night we had dinner with S&L and their kids. It was nice to get together, though as I've mentioned before, it is always a little stressful to be around them, as parenting seems like such an ordeal for them. I suppose it would be a little easier on them (and everyone else around them) if they would just concede that their 1 year old and 2 year old children still need regular, consistent naps, instead of thinking they'll just catch them in the car if they need them. They arrived at 5:30 with two very tired, very cranky kids.
This morning, we went with Evan's dad to a classic car show at Allaire State Park. The girls liked walking around looking at the oldie cars, and they especially liked us treating them to ice cream and italian ices at 10 in the morning ;). Our afternoon was pretty mellow, just hanging around the house and doing some more cleaning, and now I'm just waiting for a load of wash to be ready for the dryer before I call it a night.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment