I'm back at work today, after a nice long stretch of days off. As much as I've enjoyed being home with the kids, and the laid back days that come from that, it is nice to be back to work, too. It is quiet here, so I had Sadie in with me for a couple hours this morning. She's with Evan now, and they're going to play mini-golf (see my other post on the subject).
Anyway, one thing that sort of boggles me about this place is that for as big as we are, and as much of our business happens online, we don't have an intranet software solution. Why does this matter? Well, what we have is a series of serves that different groups have access to. And, it seems like I'm constantly running into the problem of trying to collaborate with faculty members on things and having no central, shared location to store them. Certainly makes collaboration difficult!
I'm not sure who makes the overall, University-wide decisions on technology here, but it seems like someone should have thought of this already. I wonder if I should suggest that we take advantage of the 30 day free trial being offered by EPAZZ?
Anyway, as far as jobs and job complaints go, this is obviously pretty minor. But, a worker bee has to find something to complain about, right? It's the American way. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment