Anyway, this morning she was all abuzz about getting Police tickets. I am so jealous. As I mentioned in another entry, I was cruelly denied ;-) the chance of seeing them years ago, and now, life and logistics conspire to keep me from seeing them on their current tour. I am really bummed, because, having seen Sting in concert, I can only imagine what an amazing show it will be. I’m sure they’re going to play all of their classic hits. I love, love, love their stuff from the late ‘70’s (off of Regatta de Blanc) and was happy to see that some of my favorites, like So Lonely and Truth Hits Everybody are included in the new “best of” police cd. Not only was that great music at the time, but it definitely influenced later bands, IMO. Oh well, I guess the closest I’m going to get to that tour is listening to the police cd really, really loud at home. I told Miss Paula she’d have to rock out a littler harder at the show, in honor of poor me.
Thursday, June 7, 2007
Rock On, Miss Paula!
Sadie’s teacher—Miss Paula-- cracks me up. I don’t know how old she is…maybe late 40’s or early 50’s. Anyway, she is forever going to concerts…forever talking about how tired she is because she was ‘out late at a show’ last night. Recently, she was talking about seeing David Gilmore and she said to Evan, “He used to be in a band…have you ever heard of Pink Floyd?” We got a laugh out of that – I mean, has anyone over the age of 30 NOT heard of them?
Anyway, this morning she was all abuzz about getting Police tickets. I am so jealous. As I mentioned in another entry, I was cruelly denied ;-) the chance of seeing them years ago, and now, life and logistics conspire to keep me from seeing them on their current tour. I am really bummed, because, having seen Sting in concert, I can only imagine what an amazing show it will be. I’m sure they’re going to play all of their classic hits. I love, love, love their stuff from the late ‘70’s (off of Regatta de Blanc) and was happy to see that some of my favorites, like So Lonely and Truth Hits Everybody are included in the new “best of” police cd. Not only was that great music at the time, but it definitely influenced later bands, IMO. Oh well, I guess the closest I’m going to get to that tour is listening to the police cd really, really loud at home. I told Miss Paula she’d have to rock out a littler harder at the show, in honor of poor me.
Anyway, this morning she was all abuzz about getting Police tickets. I am so jealous. As I mentioned in another entry, I was cruelly denied ;-) the chance of seeing them years ago, and now, life and logistics conspire to keep me from seeing them on their current tour. I am really bummed, because, having seen Sting in concert, I can only imagine what an amazing show it will be. I’m sure they’re going to play all of their classic hits. I love, love, love their stuff from the late ‘70’s (off of Regatta de Blanc) and was happy to see that some of my favorites, like So Lonely and Truth Hits Everybody are included in the new “best of” police cd. Not only was that great music at the time, but it definitely influenced later bands, IMO. Oh well, I guess the closest I’m going to get to that tour is listening to the police cd really, really loud at home. I told Miss Paula she’d have to rock out a littler harder at the show, in honor of poor me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment