Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Recap

We had another great weekend! The weather was absolutely stunning - sunny, clear, low to no humidity. Just the kind of weather that makes you want to stay outside all day. And that is exactly what we did.

Saturday we took the kids to the playground in the morning, and biked to the beach in the afternoon. We ended up staying there until six, which is late for us. It was just too nice to leave.

Yesterday, we "hit" the beach again (literally...I'll explain in a moment) and then went to a BBQ at the house of one of Sadie's friends from school. We're becoming pretty friendly with her parents, so it was a lot of fun.

As for 'hitting' the beach...I was chasing after Eden near the kiddie pool and wiped out completely. At first I thought just my pride was hurt, but lo and behold, today I am bruised, scraped and just generally battered. I haven't fallen like that since I was a kid, I think. I'll bet it would have hurt less if I was a kid. I'm totally feeling it today.

So, I think today might be a lowkey day...maybe I'll take the kids to the park, or maybe we'll just veg out at home. Happy Monday, everyone!

1 comment:

Alexis Jacobs said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. I hope every weekend is like that one.